Unfortunately, Walmart will not accept: Apple Pay at any of its locations until 2022. Instead, customers can sign up for their iPhones using Walmart Pay and purchase self-checkout options. Walmart accepts only payments through MasterCard, Visa, Checks, PayPal, Amex, and cash.
How to pay using iPhone at Walmart with Walmart Pay.
If you’re an iPhone user and still want to purchase products swiftly and effortlessly at Walmart using your phone You’re in luck!
Why can’t Walmart take Apple Pay?
Before the time when Walmart Pay came out with Walmart Pay the company also had a reason for refusing to accept Apple Pay. It was because of their loyalty to a company known as Merchant Customer Exchange or MCX.
Walmart (MCX) accepts only payment methods that make use of the QR code, also known as CurrentC. Because MXC has been identified as a direct rival with Apple Pay, Walmart does not support it in conjunction with Google Pay and Samsung Pay.
Additionally, another reason Walmart does not take on Apple Pay is that they cannot get any information from customers who make purchases.
How do you use Walmart Pay?
To make use of Walmart Pay, follow these instructions:
- Get the Walmart app on your smartphone.
- Register for a free account.
- Log into your account within the application, then click Wallet.
- Connect your credit or debit account to the Walmart Pay app.
- As a usual, shop, then go to the self-checkout register and scan your purchases as normal.
- At the register you can press the green play button.
- You’ll be presented with a variety of payment choices. The option will read Walmart Pay. A brief QR code will appear on the display.
- Download the Walmart app onto your smartphone. Click on the services. Choose Walmart Pay.
- Use your camera to scan the QR code that appears on the screen of registration.
- There will be a confirmation screen that confirms that the transaction was successful.